Legal Basis for processing data
We will only collect and process personal data that is relevant to our business needs. We have a legitimate interest as an insurance broker in processing such data. Such data also enables our Company to fulfill its contractual obligations to all relevant parties.
Our Collection of your Personal Information
The information we collect may include your personal information, such as your name, contact information, IP addresses, as well as details of what it is you want to arrange insurance for. In order to provide you with a quote on certain types of insurance, we will need to collect sensitive personal information about you. We collect personal information from you at different points, including but not limited to the following:
- when we correspond with you as a client or prospective client;
- when you visit our website;
- when you take out an insurance policy via us; and
- when you contact us for help
Our Use of your Personal Information
Our Company may use information that we collect about you to:
- deliver the products and services that you have requested;
- manage your client relationship and provide you with client support;
- perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products or services;
- communicate with you by e-mail, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about products or services that you may hold with us, may be of interest to you either from us, or other third parties;
- verify your eligibility for credit facilities;
- transfer personal information to third parties for any legally permissible purpose in our sole discretion;
- enforce our terms and conditions
We do not sell personal information to third parties.
Our Disclosure of your Personal Information to Third Parties
- we may provide your information to our partner insurers and service providers who perform functions on your/our behalf;
- We may provide your information in the event of a claim to a loss adjuster or other third party who is involved in providing a service to you;
- we may share your data with any parent company, subsidiaries, joint ventures, other entities under a common control or third-party acquirers;
- we may allow a potential acquirer or merger partner to review our databases, although we would restrict their use and disclosure of this data during the diligence phase and require them to treat the data confidentially;
- as required by law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties pursuant to a Court order that is enforceable in the United Kingdom, or other legal process or requirement applicable to our Company; or when we believe, in our sole discretion, that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity or to investigate violations of our agreements or Company policies; and
- other third parties with your consent or direction to do so.
Please note that these third parties may be in other countries where the laws on data privacy may be less stringent than in the United Kingdom.
Our Security Measures to Protect your Personal Information
Our systems have security measures in place to help protect information under our control from the risk of accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration or unauthorised disclosure or access. We will keep our security measures under review and wherever possible, we will enhance them.
Cookies are used on our website. Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer’s browser to store your preferences. These on their own do not tell us your email address or other personally identifiable information unless you choose to provide this information to us by, for example, registering at one of our sites. However, once you choose to provide the site with personal information, this information may be linked to the date stored in the cookie.
We may create links to other web sites. We will make a reasonable effort to link only to sites that meet similar standards for maintaining each individual’s right to privacy. However, many other sites that are not associated with or authorized by our Company may have links leading to our site. Our Company cannot control these links and we are not responsible for any content appearing on these sites. Since our website does not control the privacy policies of third parties, you are subject to the privacy practices of that third party. We encourage you to ask questions before you disclose any personal information to the relevant third party.
Our Retention of your Personal Information
We will retain any personal information only for as long as is necessary to fulfil the business purpose it was collected. We will also retain and use your personal information for as long as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
International Transfers of your Personal Information
Information collected from you may, on occasions be stored and processed outside the UK in any other country in which our Company or agents maintain facilities, and by accessing our sites and using our services, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of the UK and European Union.
Your Access to and Updating of your Personal Information
Reasonable access to your personal information may be provided at no cost upon request made to our Company at the contact information provided below. If access cannot be provided within that time frame, our Company will provide the requesting party a date when the information will be provided. If for some reason access is denied, we will provide an explanation as to why access has been denied.
Changes to our Privacy Statement
This Privacy Notice is subject to change. It was last updated in May 2018. If we make changes to this Privacy Notice, we will update the date it was last changed.
Lonsdale Insurance Brokers Limited, 148 Leadenhall Street, London EC3V 4QT
T: 0203 713 3860